From private developers to the largest telecommunications companies in the region, KCW has helped corporate clients of every size in nearly every sector through thoughtful planning, responsive service, and timely results. When companies like Verizon, Pepco, and BGE trust us to integrate with their systems and represent their organization in customer-facing situations, it’s no wonder that KCW has earned the trust of so many corporate clients throughout Maryland.
While we offer the complete engineering capabilities of a large national firm, we emphasize our agility and responsiveness in working with corporate clients. Our executives and lead design personnel are available to discuss a project with a client should the need arise. KCW is a certified Woman-owned Business Enterprise (WBE).
Our corporate client experience includes projects in jurisdictions throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C., including Baltimore County, Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City, Howard County, Harford County, and Cecil County.
PHI Holding (PEPCO)
KCW is a certified Diverse Supplier for PHI Holdings (PEPCO). We have been providing services to Pepco for more than 30 years including:
- Design single family residential work.
- Design residential subdivisions (URD – Underground Residential Distribution).
- Facility relocations in connection with Road improvements (County, Developer, & State).
- Design overhead & underground streetlights per local government approval.
- Provide field investigations & designs in connection with Pepco’s SMART METER program.
- Provide engineering and administrative support to the Mercury Vapor Replacement project
- Provide field investigations & designs in connection with Pepco’s system reliability work.
- Provide confined space manhole entry inspections in connection with most projects in Washington DC and Pepco’s telecommunication system.
- Provide surveying services for Pepco designed projections.
- Provide Pepco with a turnkey design project which includes:
- Answer class of service.
- Prepare service sketch.
- Provide starting, fault, & primary limitation calculations.
- Approve Structural Facility Drawings.
- Approve Electrical Switchgear Drawing.
- Coordination with developers, consultants, electrical contractors, and members of local governmental officials.
KCW is proficient in Pepco’s systems including GWD and WMIS.
KCW is a Certified Diverse Company for Verizon. We have been providing Core/BAU Engineering Services to Verizon since 1979, including Aerial and Buried Cable Design, Manhole and Conduit System Design, Remote Terminal Design, Highway Relocations, Construction Inspection, Right-of-Way Negotiation and Acquisition, Telecommunication Planning and Land Surveying. KCW has been working on the FTTP project for Verizon since 2004 and we are experienced and proficient in Verizon’s ICGS/IDDS systems; both in posting and producing Engineering Work Orders in Work Print Graphics.
W.L. Gore and Associates, Inc. Maryland campuses, KCW has been providing design services to Gore in their Maryland Campuses since 1979. Services included campus master planning and layout; specific site design including: topographic surveys, layout, grading, utility design, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control, development processing, construction stakeout, construction administration, as-builts and project close out. KCW continues to support Gore in its continuing expansion of their existing facilities and serves as their Maryland civil engineering consultant.
KCW began its providing services to Lifebridge Health beginning with their expansion into the Randallstown area of Baltimore County, with the newly renovated building called the Liberty Center, a renovation of the old, Old Court Saving and Loan building, into an Express Center and Medical Office Building. KCW has expanded their footprint into the Lifebridge Health system with the design of 5400 Old Court Road Building an 85,000 square feet Medical Office Building across from the main Northwest Hospital Medical Center to now working as part of a design team using LEAN processes for the expansion of two new facilities at Sinai Hospital totaling 110,000 square feet.
KCW works with corporate clients of every size in every sector to provide civil engineering, land planning, telecommunications engineering, land surveying, and electrical engineering services. Contact us to see how we can help your organization.